Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It must be May

So, Even though I had really great intention, it must be May. Let me 'splain.

I teach some rescue courses for water rescue, and May is about the only time that we have decent water in Utah. As a result, pretty much every weekend in May I am usually swimming rapids, teaching rope stuff, or otherwise involved in helping rescuers remain safe in the water. It's not much of a living, but I enjoy getting out and swimming around a bit. Last weekend it was Moab with Western River Expeditions, and this next I am scouting some new locations and traveling on Sunday to look at some other rivers around the area and points north. Weekend after that, I teach Utah County Search and Rescue, and then it's off to Price for Carbon County SAR the weekend after that. Needless to say, the blogs are probably going to suffer.

Family life is going great though. Tricia is trying to get the yard in shape after a winter that just doesn't seem like it wants to end. Snowed on Monday, so that gives you an idea. I can't say that I mind too much because it IS spring in Utah. Just makes it a little more difficult to get some things done outside.

Gold's continues to take up the whole working day and then some. I can't complain too much, because they do take care of me pretty well. Some days it just gets a little irritating when the phone rings all night and you'd rather just leave the office at the office.

Anyone out there a "Deadliest Catch" fan? I can't say I am in love with this season. Don't know what the difference is, but it just doesn't seem as captivating as the first few season. I know my sister Heidi used to like it, but I think that she is just in love with Mike Rowe's voice...

2 comments:

Amy Jorgensen said...

Haven't caught deadliest catch yet this season, but I"m embarrassed to say I spent an entire Sunday afternoon with the kids watching a marathon while Scott was at work, so I think I saw the entire first season. I'll have to tune in because I did like it, but I don't know if it was because it was back to back and I didn't have to wait a week to see the next episode. We'll wait for posts, but next time there better be pictures!!!!

j said...

can you blame me? have you heard that voice? and seen that hairy chest?

although mike has nothing on jayson, besides an american truck (with 4 wheel drive!).

can we come catch up on your cable? discovery channel is the only thing i miss...